The Nursing Education Certificate of Advanced Study prepares post graduate advanced practice nurses to educate nursing students and other healthcare professionals in a variety of settings. This program is offered in an online format with two teaching practicums.
1. Integrate the arts and sciences, including leadership and ethical principles, with nursing science as a foundation for decision-making within diverse situations, settings, and communities resulting in safe patient care, quality outcomes, and health promotion.
2. Use critical reflection, innovation, and interprofessional collaboration to promote lifelong learning and continual improvement, integrate current evidence, and inform policy.
3. Incorporate current technologies to augment professional practice and scholarship.
4. Implement evidence-based teaching and learning strategies in diverse settings that facilitate achievement of identified outcomes and enhance professional socialization and development of learners.
5. Conduct learner-centered curriculum design and revision based on relevant organizational frameworks, alignment with parent institution, accreditation and professional standards, and program outcomes.
6. Synthesize program, course, and student learning effectiveness based on quantitative and qualitative assessment and evaluation data obtained per the systematic plan of evaluation.