The Masters of Science in Nursing Leadership prepares nurses to assume leadership positions across all levels of healthcare and in diverse healthcare settings.
Nursing Leadership Program Goals
1. Integrate the arts and sciences, including leadership and ethical principles, with nursing science as a foundation for decision-making within diverse situations, settings, and communities resulting in safe patient care, quality outcomes, and health promotion.
2. Use critical reflection, innovation, and interprofessional collaboration to promote lifelong learning and continual improvement, integrate current evidence, and inform policy.
3. Incorporate current technologies to augment professional practice and scholarship.
4. Employ leadership, management, and ethical foundations in pursuit of performance improvement, risk management, human resources, financial management, and strategic planning/management.
5. Integrate contemporary national performance standards and professional recommendations related to organizational governance and policy formation.
6. Facilitate provision of quality services through community engagement, knowledge of societal forces, and regional/national/global policy issues and initiatives.