The Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate of Advanced Study prepares post graduate advanced practice nurses to provide primary care to individuals across the lifespan and in a variety of settings. This program is offered in an online format with an on campus residency.
1. Integrate the arts and sciences, including leadership and ethical principles, with nursing science as a foundation for decision-making within diverse situations, settings, and communities resulting in safe patient care, quality outcomes, and health promotion.
2. Use critical reflection, innovation, and interprofessional collaboration to promote lifelong learning and continual improvement, integrate current evidence, and inform policy.
3. Incorporate current technologies to augment professional practice and scholarship.
4. Employ analytic and diagnostic reasoning skills in the promotion of health, reduction of risk, and management of illness with diverse patient populations
5. Demonstrate interprofessional collaboration, ethical principles, and leadership through political and policy endeavors to enhance safety, quality, health care processes, and delivery systems.
6. Illustrate effective communication and collaboration during patient and family interaction and coordination of care services.