The certificate in Financial Crime and Compliance Operations will prepare you to address the growing field of fraud, financial and white collar crime investigation by teaching skills and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and preserving evidence related to economic and financial misdeeds. This certificate draws from a variety of discipline, including criminal justice, cybersecurity, cybercrime investigation and ethics, to create a cutting edge approach to the study of the topic. The types of financial crime covered in the Economic Crime Investigation program include financial institution fraud (bank fraud, credit/debit card fraud, loan fraud), money laundering, identity theft, wire fraud, insurance fraud, public corruption, health care fraud, embezzlement, environmental and investment fraud.
Students will learn hands-on investigative skills using the most modern and up-to-date tools and technologies to achieve the following:
- Understand, assess and apply fraud management risk and compliance methods
- Apply fraud management, fraud technology and cybercrime investigation tools to counter fraud, financial and white collar crime
- Apply of principles and practices of compliance and operational risk assessment and mitigation to the management of fraud prevention detection, and investigation.
- Analyze and assess approaches to information and communication security
- Understand the tools, techniques and methods used to investigate complex fraud, financial and white collar crime
- Apply methods of detection and methods of investigation including analysis of financial documents, investigation process and techniques to fraud, financial and white collar crime