The Nursing Leadership Certificate of Advanced Study prepares post graduate advanced practice nurses to design programs and lead other healthcare professionals to deliver the highest quality care to patients and their families. Some of the positions the graduate will be qualified to hold include nurse manager, director of nursing or chief nursing officer. This program is offered in an online format.
1. Integrate the arts and sciences, including leadership and ethical principles, with nursing science as a foundation for decision-making within diverse situations, settings, and communities resulting in safe patient care, quality outcomes, and health promotion.
2. Use critical reflection, innovation, and interprofessional collaboration to promote lifelong learning and continual improvement, integrate current evidence, and inform policy.
3. Incorporate current technologies to augment professional practice and scholarship.
4. Employ leadership, management, and ethical foundations in pursuit of performance improvement, risk management, human resources, financial management, and strategic planning/management.
5. Integrate contemporary national performance standards and professional recommendations related to organizational governance and policy formation.
6. Facilitate provision of quality services through community engagement, knowledge of societal forces, and regional/national/global policy issues and initiatives.